This really should have been an email! by Mark Cosgrove
EGN Invites you to join EGN Cross Functional Virtual Event: This really should have been an email! by Mark Cosgrove.
Date/Time: Tuesday, March 2, 2021. 8am networking. 8.30am - 10am interactive workshop.
This really should have been an email!
There are so many ways to communicate and pass information to each other at work. But are we using the right thing for the right kind of communication? We have email of course, many companies use Whatsapp or other chat apps, now we are also using Teams or Slack or other business communication platforms; there are meetings (in person and virtual). So why are we still getting it wrong?
The main mistake that companies make is that they do not clearly set out what gets communicated in what medium, and how that communication should be composes or created. It seems a small thing, even technical, but the reality is that we are overwhelmed with the amount of data being flung at us, and often it’s the wrong information. Everyone has sat in a meeting and thought “OMG this should have been an email!”, or been trapped in an email thread that really could have been solved with a quick face to face conversation?
Let’s get back to basics and look at what each form of communication is for, what its best at and how to set up rules and guides for your staff so that they are choosing the right medium for their message.
In this session, you will learn:
- What each medium is best at for communications
- What to watch out for when creating a communication
- How to devise guidelines for staff for their communication
- How to avoid the “Slack/Teams” slap fight
About the speaker: Mark Cosgrove.
Mark is a training and learning & development leader passionate about connecting people to the skills and knowledge they need to unlock their potential, grow in their careers, deliver excellence and drive exceptional business results. Leveraging on tools, technology and innovative formats, he is always finding ways to deliver customised solutions that respond to an organisation’s people and business priorities and change the ways that employees experience and apply learning.
• Delivered more than 5,000 hours of training across the APAC region for clients in both public and private sectors and in diverse industries. Developed a comprehensive training library on Sales Management, Leadership Development, Leadership Communications, Personal Development, Diversity & Inclusion, Executive Coaching and Performance Improvement.
• Founded Mark Cosgrove Training to deliver strategic training interventions. Deftly responded to the circuit breaker by designing and delivering more than 8 highly subscribed webinars on topics such as Remote Leadership, Online Presentation Skills and Relationship Selling.
• As Director of Training Quality, APAC and Sales Curriculum Director with Dale Carnegie Training, spearheaded a global Sales Training Curriculum in 5 languages which saw 800+ trainers re-certify in under 9 months. Managed a multidisciplinary team of designers, developers and trainers in curriculum development with ISO 9001 certified training certifications.
08.00 AM: Networking/ Registration
08.30 AM: Event start. EGN introductions and speaker introduction
08.35 AM: This really should have been an email! by Mark Cosgrove.
09.35 AM: Q & A and key takeaways
09.55 AM: Meeting end